Multimedia Editor, The USF Oracle, Tampa, FL, July 2017-Present
Dedicated storyteller with a passion for capturing stories through photography, writing and videography. Continuously strives to tell stories that convey the power of human connection and inspire others. Over 100 Oracle bylines for photography, writing or videography.
- Responsible for taking photos and videos at speaking engagements, sporting events and other events involving the University for the stories online and in print.
- Uses the fusion of photography/videography and writing for stories published in the paper.
- Manages Multimedia Team of other photographers and videographers.
- Manages social media accounts and website to make stories accessible on a variety of platforms.
- Thrives in dead-line intensive environment and collaboration of the newsroom.
Photojournalism Honors Thesis Research, USF Honors College, Tampa, FL, January 2018-Present
Year-long study research answering the question: “Is the digital age degrading the storytelling power of text and still images or presenting chances to enhance it?” Overseeing the research is the Director and Senior Instructor of the Zimmerman College of Advertising and Mass Communication, Wayne Garcia.
Photographer, Writer and Videographer, Chaveli Photography, Tampa, FL, August 2015-Present
Business owner, photographer, content-writer and videographer responsible for writing blog posts and content for business clients, shooting and editing video, coordinating photo sessions, preparing camera equipment, maintaining and building client relationships, organizing marketing plans, maintaining social media and website and editing images on Adobe Programs, such as, Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Captures stories through written and visual content for social media platforms and website
- Maintains client relationships with over 100 different clients in the Tampa Bay Area
- Photographs and takes video of weddings, engagements, self-portraits, family portraits, fashion companies, blogs, businesses and events
Photography Intern, Marsha Kemp Photography, Tampa, FL, January 2017-May 2017
Learned the functions of photography, such as composition, lighting, camera use and editing. Also, learned how to capture photographs in studios and live events.
- Training with Adobe programs: Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere
- Working with a variety of camera equipment: lighting, lenses, cameras
RELEVANT QUALITIES AND SKILLS
Writing (News and Feature) – Photojournalism – Multimedia Reporting – Photography and Videography – AP Style – Web Design (Word Press and Wix) – Editing with Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere, InDesign, After Effects, Audition and Illustrator)– Proofreading – Research – Podcasting – Social Media Marketing – Leadership
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Florida Society of News Editor 2018 Contest – First Place in Multimedia (Student) for USF Adjunct Professor March for Equal Treatment.
Florida Society of News Editors 2018 Contest – Second Place in News Photography (Student) for USF Campus Fills With Excitement While Viewing Solar Eclipse.
The Tampa Bay Times Endowed Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement.